After two and a half months, Tim and I are now approved to be parents. Our homestudy was approved on October 28th. Overall, the homestudy was a fairly simple process on our part. We had several interviews, one home visit, fingerprints, lots of paperwork, and had to make a "profile book" for potential birthparents to view. At some points in the process, it was frustrating to jump through hoops to prove that we are fit to raise child. In the end, we are thankful for the experience because we were forced to think about and discuss things that wouldn't come to mind very often if we had a biological child. I guess it gave us a chance to dig deeper into what we would like for our family, our parenting style and a better understanding of raising an adopted child. Ultimately, Tim and I are grateful for the whole experience that God has presented to us. So for now all of our "work" is done and we get to patiently for the day when God turns us into a family of three.
Comments
Post a Comment