5 Year Anniversary and KC Trip

On March 10th, 2012 Tim and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. To help celebrate our wedded bliss,  Tim planned a wonderful trip down to Liberty and Kansas City. What better way to celebrate five years of marriage than to go to the Big 12 Basketball Tournament, right?!?
 Just kidding! As much as we would have liked to go to a basketball game this weekend probably wasn't the best timing. 
 However, we did enjoy the best barbecue ribs ever at Houston's. Next time we will visit our other favorite BBQ stop - Jack Stack's. My mouth is watering already.
 Our hotel (The Rafael) was incredible and perfectly located right by Country Club Plaza Shopping Center! Doesn't Micah look happy to be there??
That's better. 
Micah was pointing to all the amazing shops and river walk - so smart. ; ) 
Could I have two sweeter or more handsome guys in my life? Definitely not! 
 We also did quite a bit of antique shopping throughout our visit. Very happily, we found a few treasures to bring home with us. While antique shopping we stumbled upon this rare beauty. Apparently, at some point in history this was the style. Wow. Pretty sure I saw this Cabbage Patch doll in my childhood nightmares.

Micah was fantastic the entire weekend minus one hour of pure screaming while on our return trip. Let's just chalk that hour up as one that we would like to forget...except that we will remember to bring earplugs on our next long drive. 

 Here's Micah after his 1-hour meltdown. Pretty sure he's thinking to himself, "what just happened?" 
Our Anniversary dessert enjoyed at home. The cupcakes (red velvet and raspberry lemonade) did not fare so well on our return trip from KC. Thankfully they were still delicious! 
Sadly, these are the only pictures of the happy couple together from our weekend. How sad is that?! Don't worry about our skin color. Let's just say the lighting was bad. 


The past 5 years have been filled with enough sorrow and joy to last lifetime. We have walked through some very dark times in dealing with losses and heartache. We have also 
experienced mountaintops together. One thing is for certain though - there is no one else I would rather walk through life with. Here's to 50+ more years!!!


Comments

  1. What a beautiful post! Wow, five years goes by in a flash, doesn't it???

    Hey, speaking of years... are you coming to the 10 year class reunion this year? I hope so! I want to see you.

    Also, Micah is getting that child look about him. Losing the babyface and starting to look like a KID! :-D Isn't it crazy how they morph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather!!!

    Yes, it seems like yesterday I walked down the aisle! How about you and Justin?? How many years are you on now??

    I'm so bummed I will not make it back to CO for the reunion. BUT Tim is applying to get his doctorate from Denver Seminary. If he is accepted we will be in Denver for a WHOLE WEEK when he would start his classes! Hopefully we can get together then. I know Micah would have a ball with your girls : )

    Although I am bummed Micah isn't a baby anymore I LOVE this phase of his life. It is so much fun to see her personality come to life!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment