August 2019

 Birthday dinner with Tim and this sweetie. 
 Noelle has a serious fascination with faces and mouth. Lucky for her, she has a pretty amazing big brother who will let her explore/play! 




Shiloh turns FIVE!!! How these years have flown Shiloh! You are all boy, lover of math and science, fiercely protective, incredibly strong, wonderful helper, little sous chef, the best snuggler, lego lover, super competitive, book worm, incredibly strong-willed, and have the most amazing belly laugh. I truly wish I could freeze frame you right now but then we'd miss out on all that is to come for you! Love you to the moon and back, Shiloh! 

 Pool party with all the neighbor friends! Both sissies were already upstairs sleeping! 


 A FORT KIT!!!! 
 Grandpa Lawson gifted the boys his old army/cowboy guys. The boys played and had battles for days.... what fun! 
 August 8th - First day of school for the 2019-2020 School Year 
Micah - 8.5 years old, 3rd Grade
Shiloh- 5 years old, Transition/Kindergarten 
 Not every day is sunshine and roses, but I am so thankful that I get to be these boys teacher. Thank you Lord, and Tim, for this opportunity. What a joy and privilege to be their Mama AND teacher! To be there for and with them through all their highs/lows/light bulb moments, all the experienmets/ projects/ opportunities to love on and help each other.... a true gift that I don't take for granted. Yes, there are days when I question this decision to homeschool but yet, I am reminded that most times the best things in life, almost always take faithfulness, dedication and sacrifice. That has most certainly held true with my walk with Christ, my marriage, adoption, parenting, pregnancy, homeschooling, etc. What refining processes all of these are!!! 

Another joy of homeschooling - getting to witness moments like THIS! Mr. Shiloh's very first official CC presentation! Seriously, melt my heart! This presentation happened to be all about his birthday celebrations. 

 "Goin shoppin." Miss Emmy LOVES shopping and trying on clothes. She jumped on the opportunity to try on boys pants at Old Navy.  
 For my birthday this year, Tim gifted me with an amazing gift - a trip home to Colorado! What a joy for my Colorado/mountain loving self!  And a treat to soak in some cooler temps! Of course I had to bring Noelle with as she was still nursing but what fun we had together! 
 One of my favorite views... the Rocky Mountain range at sunset... majestic. How GREAT THOU ART! 
 Of course, we had tons of cousin catch up play time! 



The highlight of the trip was going to Mumford and Sons at Fiddlers with Faith - we missed you, Ashley! Next time! : ) 

 Bath and pool time for the Littles Miss. 

 Studying Richard the Lionhearted
Photo credit by Shiloh.  Countless hours spent in this position the past 7 months. Noelle and I had a rough go the first few months of nursing but so thankful we stuck it out! Still going strong! 
 First bath for the girls TOGETHER! 
 Peekaboo! 
 And now... sisters make the best of friends too!! 

 And the end of August brought our last minute trip to Pagosa Springs! WHOO HOOO!!!!!!









Comments