November 2022

California time with cousins, uncles, Grandpa and Kris! Were we ever pumped for some fun times at Disney together! 
Beholding all the glory and wonder of Star Wars at Galaxy's Edge. 


Little Noelle was just a hair too short to go on the big rides, so it was off to explore some of the more iconic Disney rides for she and I. 
Sweet girlies! 
Space Mountain
Darth Vador was no match for these Lawson Boys! 
Disney will just wear you down... also, partying at bedtime the night before too. 
Noelle's favorite parts of all of Disney... Tom Sawyer Island and THIS Lego. She could barely contain her excitement to show Belle and the Beast to her siblings.
After a long day, the three littles were DONE. So, Micah and I whisked away to ride Rise of the Resistance together.  Loved our Mama/Son bonding time! 
Day two at California Adventure - on Sweet Emmy's 5th Birthday and Micah's Forever Family Day!
Three girlies waiting in line to meet some Frozen characters... and hoping to God that one of them is Elsa! 

These four cousins hit it off together and had a blast riding as many rides as they could together, except when the needed an afternoon break to watch some princess singalongs. 
These Frozen Sisters were worth the wait for these two Lawson Sisters. While our girls were quite timid and shy, these princesses were so open and warm with them. We will have to go back! 
Happy 5th, Emery! After two FULL days at Disney, this Birthday girl was TIRED. A surprise party was just a bit much for her, but sweet Uncle Josh was super kind to treat her to a delicious birthday cake.
The Lightning McQueen ride was also a favorite! 



We survived TWO days at Disney with four kids! Whooo hoo! Little did we know... or at least Tim.... is that the Lord had a HUGE surprise with a little life growing in me! With each passing day on our CA trip, I would remind Tim I was late. And typical Tim, "there's no way." The night we got home from Disney, I took a pregnancy as I was about to shower, thinking it was certainly unlikely, but definitely not out of the realm of our God.. It's a wonder I didn't pass out as all the blood rushed out of my head. Walking downstairs in my bathrobe with the test, face as white as a ghost and trembling, I handed it to Tim. Utter shock and surprise abounded, and of course, more of the same deep laughs, the same as last time news like this floored us. 
The very next day was Emery's adoption agency (Christian Family Care) 40th anniversary celebration at Wildlife World. It was all Tim and I could do to keep the news from them as we wanted to wait for confirmation with my OB. 
What a fun day we had celebrating ALL the life the Lord has blessed our family with. 


And to top off the weekend, a surprise early pick up of our fur-baby, Bailey. What a ride we're in for! 
Sooo much love for this little pup! 

Who can spy Elle??
First day getting to play on the NEW preschool playground! 
What a treat for Tim and I to get to sneak away to the Lutheran Educators conference while Grandma and Grandpa watched the kids again! 
Touring the magnificent Hotel del Coronado. 

So many emotions/feelings/thoughts come when looking back on this hard day. I awoke this morning to a large, heavy bleed. I was 7 weeks along and had bleeds before with Noelle and Shiloh from subchoreonic hemorrhages, but nothing like this bleed. Tears of loss and pain, even with the surprise that this pregnancy was, this life was precious to us and we knew we were losing one. The past few days I had noticed that some of my symptoms were not as rough as they had been initially. While we were not welcoming the experience, I am so thankful that we went through it together, without the distractions of home and work. 
 Following some rest and food, we decided to do some light touring of the area, including the USS Midway and the beach. We also, unintentionally, picked and dined at one of the best Italian restaurants we've had the pleasure of enjoying. Followed by a stay at one of the roughest hotels we've ever stayed in, gotta keep it balanced! 
Following the miscarriage, we had to have a follow-up ultrasound one week later. By then it seemed like most pregnancy symptoms were gone, minus the tiredness, which I assumed was from all the blood loss. So, I told Tim there was no need to go to the ultrasound as we had 4 kids at home who needed us and I was doing ok emotionally. So, what a shock when the ultrasound tech placed the probe and immediately I heard the most beautiful sound of a steady, little heartbeat. Instant tears of shock, joy, and befuddlement. What?!?! How could this be???  
I drove immediately to church to tell Tim. Calling him out to the parking lot, holding up the ultrasound scan... another complete surprise from the Lord. From what we were told, I either had a large hemmorage (which I'm doubtful of this) or we have lost a twin the week before. My heart and my symptoms lead me to believe this is more likely the case. 
Baby Lawson, due July 12, 2023.

And setting up the Lionel Trains for the first time in our new home!! 

Comments